A wing of the Supreme Court complex situated at the Three-Arm-Zone, Abuja, was engulfed by fire on Monday morning.
According to reports, the fire broke out at 7am, sending court employees scrambling for safety.
Although there were no reported human casualties, it was not clear whether sensitive documents and files were destroyed by the fire.
According to a source the fire was probably caused by electrical malfunction in one of the offices within the administrative wing of the court.
The source confirmed that three offices, was touched by the fire before it was eventually put off.
Meanwhile, the court is yet to issue a formal statement on the incident.